Eleven brands, one solution. Paladin Attachments (acquired by Stanley Infrastructure in 2019) is a one-stop-shop for quality, productive, and powerful attachment tools. In addition to their extensive dealer network, Paladin manufactures construction equipment attachments for companies such as Caterpillar, Komatsu, and John Deere to sell under their respective trademarks.
One of Paladin’s guiding principles is a customer-focused practice to create long-term benefits for their employees, customers, consumers, suppliers, and shareholders. This principle led their internal team to identify a solution that could help them solve their outdated publishing processes. Several examples of some of the content challenges that were occurring are summarized below.
Paladin Attachment’s Content Challenges
- Lengthy Parts Catalog Creation Period: Paladin’s third-party vendor would take weeks to publish fresh content or update content. In cases where revisions were made, the entire manual would have to be re-formatted to accommodate the change.
- Inaccurate Parts Books: Due to the manual nature of the publishing process, books were not regularly updated or maintained, so part supersessions were rarely captured or identified.
- High-Touch Customer Service Process: Due to inaccurate product documentation, Paladin’s aftermarket parts team had to spend a lot of time with customers to identify the correct parts for an attachment to their machine.
Paladin’s main objective was to modernize its aftermarket sales and develop a better way of doing business online. After evaluating their options, Paladin’s aftermarket team decided on Documoto to be the backbone of their digital self-service strategy to improve part sales and customer support. Today, Paladin’s team successfully reports the following content solutions.
Paladin Attachment’s Content Solutions
- Self-Service Portal: Through their Documoto-based portal, Paladin now offers public access to hundreds of media items, including parts books, operator’s manuals, and other technical support materials that equipment owners and Paladin dealers can refer to for comprehensive technical information without calling for assistance.
- Reduction In Support Time: Call volume related to technical support and part orders has dramatically reduced from previous levels.
- Improved Parts Publishing Process: With the time saved updating manuals and the ability to address part supersession adequately, Paladin’s publishing team can create a parts book in minutes.
Overall, Documoto proved to be the right solution to transform the Paladin aftermarket sales and support team. To learn more about how Paladin improved their aftermarket processes, read the entire case study HERE!