As an underground mining equipment manufacturer, MacLean is committed to mining safety and productivity. MacLean’s top priority is to provide immediate support to their customers when a machine needs maintenance or a part replacement, which is why they have branches strategically placed in key markets.
So, when the MacLean team began searching for a solution to address their challenges, they had several prerequisites in mind. First, they sought out a solution that could help:
- Enhance Customer Experience
- Expedite Part Orders and Reduce Machine Downtime
- Improve Publishing Processes and Release Timeframe
- Provide Global Accessibility to Branches and Customers
With these solution needs in mind, MacLean opted for Documoto to help them improve publishing processes, enhance customer experience, and connect with their back-office systems to automate purchasing.
Today, MacLean’s team successfully reports:
- Improved Parts Publishing Process: With the time saved, updating manuals and creating and publishing parts books adequately. What used to take weeks to complete can now be done in a couple of days.
- Self-Service Portal: Through their Documoto-based portal, MacLean now offers public access to hundreds of media items, including parts books, mining operational resources, risk communications, and other technical support materials that customers can reference.
- Advanced Search Capabilities Helps with Part Ordering: Documoto’s advanced search capabilities make finding parts and, in turn, request for quote transactions quick and seamless.
- Streamlined Customer Communications for Critical Alerts and Information: Documoto’s out-of-the-box “News Items” feature allows MacLean to quickly and easily push critical safety, hazard alert, and product and service bulletins to their customers. Previously, these communications were sent via email and often overlooked by their customers. Documoto has helped MacLean overcome that challenge by giving them the ability to push important information that customers can read when logging in to the portal.
Read the complete case study to see why MacLean chose Documoto, the challenges they faced in improving customer engagement, and how Documoto impacted parts book publishing.